Club Education (Barwon Region)
- AFL Barwon - Bullying and Social Media Use http://www.aflbarwon.com.au/policies/
- BATforce - Have developed digital/social media package called digital tattoo http://www.batforce.org.au/sector-information/links
- Groundswell - Mental health support in sporting clubs https://headspace.org.au/
- Kempe Read the Play - Mental health program with pre and post support for sporting clubs https://www.readtheplay.org.au/
- Leisure Networks - Clubs that Care, RSA, Good Sports for local sporting clubs and disability services
- Respectful Relationships - School approach to respectful relationships, equity, positive attitdues and behaviours http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/foundation10/viccurriculum/Respectful_relationships/intro.aspx
- Barwon Regions Health Network - Work to deliver prevention of violence against women (MATE) http://www.womenshealthbsw.org.au/
- Geelong Cats - Provide a number of health and well being programs to young people (Cyber Cats,Just Think, Biocats,Healthy Heros) http://www.geelongcats.com.au/
- Communities that Care - Developed by Deakin University work with local stakeholders to identify local ussies and develop specific interventions https://www.communitiesthatcare.org.au/
- Deakin University - Conduct supply monitoring in local football clubs around Geelong
There are many programs supporting community action to reduce risk factors and strengthen protective factors against illegal drug use. One of these is the Clubs that Care program run out of Leisure Networks. This program provides support and education for volunteers who want to be part of their club wellbeing team.
The program provides increased awareness around the following:
- What to do if you suspect someone at your club is on drugs.
- Drug and Alcohol services and how they can help.
- Drug related issues - when is police involvement appropriate?
- Developing an illicit drug policy for your club.