Community attitudes have changed, and people are less tolerant of boozy, smoke-filled, unsafe sporting clubs. In short, clubs should aim to be 'family friendly', health promoting clubs where everyone feels welcome, safe and respected to attract members and sponsors. Things your club could consider are:
- expanding your smoke-free areas and minimize exposure of juniors to smoking
- participating in the Good Sports Program to improve your club's alcohol management
- training people in Responsible Serving of Alcohol, Food Handling, First Aid etc
- developing injury prevention measures and emergency procedures
- developing sun protection measures
- serving healthy nutritious food at events and club functions
- ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Select your area of interest from the menu for useful information and resources.