Community attitudes have changed and people are less tolerant of boozy, smoke-filled, unsafe sporting clubs. In short, 'family friendly', health promoting clubs where everyone feels welcome, safe and respected attract members and sponsors. Things your club could consider are:
- expanding your smoke-free areas and minimize exposure of juniors to smoking
- participating in the Good Sports Program to improve your club's alcohol management
- training people in Responsible Serving of Alcohol, Food Handling, First Aid etc
- developing injury prevention measures and emergency procedures
- developing sun protection measures
- serving healthy nutritious food at events and club functions
- ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Select your area of interest from the menu for useful information and resources.