Involving Women and Girls
See below some tips to assist you to successfully recruit, engage and retain women and girls.
- Build partnerships and networks with other clubs and organisations including your Local Government. They can all offer advice, support and ideas on how to improve participation. Local Government are usually responsible for sporting facilities.
- Visit groups to tell them what you have to offer (ie mother's groups, schools etc)
- Have a ‘welcoming’ person at the club who also follows up with newcomers
- Encourage people to bring a partner or friend
- Introduce people gradually and hold a special day/session for newcomers and involve members, volunteers or staff who will make the newcomers welcome
- Provide a buddy or support system for newcomers
- Make sure all activities are fun and engaging
- Provide a child minding service for those who are looking after small children
- Show case your club making clear what your club has for them